Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008 Already? Let's Get It Started!

So I’ve been reading a few blogs recently and have decided to be more diligent about my travel blogging in 2008.

It’s the beginning of the year and the perfect time to begin planning my VIP and non VIP trips, except who am I kidding – I plan trips incessantly throughout the year. Sometime because I really need to travel for work, personal, etc. But mostly just for fun.

What’s in store for 2008? Well, a trip to London in the fall (hopefully) with the BFF and our respective mummy’s and, of course, Essence 2008 in NOLA. I also MUST go back to Disney this year (I’ve already paid for a night) possibly for my BD or Mom’s 65th. And I have two free nights in a suite in downtown Chicago that I have to use before June.

I really want to get out to LA this spring to visit my cousins. I’ve had a good time for the last two summers with different groups of them and I want to finally get over to their coast. Plus I have groups of friends going to New Orleans for Jazz Fest, Oregon and Montreal for their Jazz Fest.

Where to start?

I’ve decided my 1st personal trip of the year will be to an old favorite… South Beach.

Yes, I know it’s pretentious and expensive (I swear you tip EVERYONE) but I LUV Miami. I especially love it in the winter. Mostly cuz’ anywhere I can wear sandals or flip flops in the winter rates high on my list of choice destinations. Plus, the ticket is under $200 and we got a great rate for our hotel – which is my favorite in South Beach – the Ritz of course! Seriously, I had the most amazing time there the last time I visited. The pool scene is brilliant (poolside Pellegrino, anyone?) the vibe so cool. And after all these years of visitng Miami I have all these special things I love doing – like brunch in Coconut Grove and shopping on Lincoln Road. Now, their service – let’s just say my last visit which was almost free due to their
issues.

My “TripTip”-
Start planning early! Even if you can’t commit the funds just yet – lay out our year travelwise. Then, if your schedule will allow it, plan your trips to maximize deals. The Caribbean is relatively inexpensive in January. So are a lot of other spots as most people have spent a rack on gifts and travel for the holidays. Also, I love sites like
Farecast for help deciding when to buy a ticket and Hotwire’s Trip Starter for deciding when to plan a trip. Trip Starter is also good international trip planning.

No comments: